ASME or American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the National Board Certifications are common terms when discussing pressure vessels. An R-Stamp repair is required by the National Board when the pressure vessel’s barrier is broken. R Stamps are a National Board designation indicating that a company is authorized to repair boilers and vessels.  Dixie Southern can complete these repairs and the fabrication for ASME pressure vessels. Read on to learn about three instances where recertification of ASME would be required.
- Pressure Boundary Failure – If you have leaks coming out of the jacket, inlets, or pipes, this may be a sign that you need to repair this area of your pressure vessel.
- Field Modification – A new nozzle addition or any weld to an ASME pressure vessel may require a certified R-Stamp.
- Accident – A damaged vessel wall or internals of a vessel from a tool dropping can cause damage that requires repairs to a pressure boundary zone.
Requirements for R-Stamp Approval for Pressure Vessels
- Qualified material documentation
- Supporting calculations
- Qualified/certified welder and welding procedures
- ASME inspector and witness to R test and attachment of stamp
- Registering with the National Board
Dixie Southern is an ASME Accredited facility with decades of experience designing, fabricating, assembling, and inspecting custom ASME tanks and pressure vessels to meet Section VIII Division 1 or Division 2 Codes. At our 12-acre, 65,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in West Central Florida, we have the professional engineers, drafters, welders, and fabricators needed to create and repair your ASME pressure vessels. Request your quote today!
- “Chapter 3a. Boiler and Unfired Pressure Vessel Regulations”